Virtual Private Network (VPN) for Remote Access
- GlobalProtect is Princeton's recommended VPN application.
Applications which require VPN
- Academic Management Tool (AMT)
- Prime Portal Applications (Prime Financials, Information Warehouse, Labor Accounting)
- Information Warehouse (Cognos)
- Central File Server/ Home Drive/ H: Drive / M: Drive
- RDP (remote desktop protocol) to desktop workstations
- SSH (Secure Shell) connections to Linux systems
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Shared Device licenses only)
VPN is NOT required for: Email, Canvas, Blackboard, listserv, Office 365 (Sharepoint, Teams, OneDrive) Google Apps (Google Drive), Adobe Creative Cloud (Named User), Cisco Jabber or Zoom.
GlobalProtect is Princeton's VPN application. You can access GlobalProtect either as an installed application on your device or via the web.
When to Use
- Can be used only when off-campus or using Princeton wireless networking services (eduroam, servicenet).
- Not needed (and will not work) when you are connected to Princeton wired networks on campus.
- Will not work for Library Electronic Resources
GlobalProtect is set to time out after 3 hours of inactivity. The service is also set to time out after 12 hours of connection, after which you will be required to re-login.
For details, visit: GlobalProtect VPN: Remote Access to Protected Resources - Get Started.
Access Library Resources
Library resources can be accessed remotely via login
Using Library Resources from Off-Campus
For assistance, please contact your department's computing support professional or the OIT Support & Operations Center at 8-HELP.