The Princeton Software Center, formerly the OIT Store, is the new website to obtain Princeton volume and site licensed software. Faculty and staff may buy and download software through the Princeton Software Center using a chartstring. Some software may require a credit card for purchase. You are able to order software on behalf of another user. However, the end user will receive the license expiry email notification and not the purchaser. Read further for specific software purchase, download and work from home rights.
Software for Faculty, Staff and Departments
Princeton offers several software products for which we have site or volume licensing for use on institutional computers only.
Work at Home rights
Some software products licensed for institutional computers include Work At Home (WAH) Rights, which allow faculty or staff to install a copy on their personally-owned computer. Faculty and staff are entitled to install selected products on one personally-owned computer by virtue of being a Princeton University employee. When a faculty/staff member leaves the employ of Princeton University, they must remove any software installed under Work at Home rights. See Software Retention Policy.
How to Obtain Princeton Software
You may buy and download software through the Princeton Software Center. The storefront consists of two tabs, Princeton Software Center and OnTheHub Provided Software. Princeton Software Center offerings are processed by Princeton Software Center staff; OnTheHub Provided Software offerings are processed by Kivuto Solutions directly.
- Navigate to the Princeton Software Center
- Provide your Princeton netID
- Navigate to the software product page
- Add product to your cart
- For Princeton Software Center purchases, please see the notes on the product page for estimated processing time.
- For OnTheHub Provided Software purchases, upon completion, you will be provided any installers or license keys necessary to begin use.
- Be sure to save a copy of your download and product key. Important: Kivuto does not keep a record of your product keys. If you do not retain a record of your product key and download, you will have to re-purchase the software.
- Kivuto follows a strict no-refund policy on all of their OnTheHub Provided software, as they pay the publisher right away for the sale and, once issued, the key can not be revoked or re-used. Users are invited to review the refund policy during the check out process.
For a complete list of software available for purchase, login to the Princeton Software Center
As a Princeton staff or faculty member, the following software is also available for download at no charge:
- Stata is available free on Virtual Desktops but if you want it to run on your own computer you need to buy a license from STATACorp.
- TechSmith Camtasia and Snagit License/Maintenance Renewals:
- The Princeton Software Center no longer processes renewal orders for TechSmith products. TechSmith sends end users email with links to renew licenses/maintenance agreements for Camtasia and Snagit directly. Please click on the link in the email sent from TechSmith to renew your license/ maintenance agreements.
- If you did not receive the email from TechSmith regarding renewal, please check your SPAM and Junk Email folders. Kindly contact the Princeton Software Center at firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive your renewal email.
Sales Tax Exemption Information
Princeton is a "tax exempt organization". However, as a general rule, the following conditions must be met for a purchase to qualify as tax exempt:
- The purchase must be for University business expenses. Do not use these forms for personal purchases.
- The purchase must be made with University funds, either via purchase order, Travel and Expense Card, or a Departmental Purchasing Card. Purchases made with personal funds are not tax exempt, even if the purchase is subsequently reimbursed by the University.
- The purchase cannot be for resale.
Additional information regarding Sales Tax Exemptions can be found by visiting, https://finance.princeton.edu/buying-paying/other-buying-and-paying-topics/sales-tax-exemptions
Help with Your Purchase
Contact email@example.com with any software questions.
Contact Princeton Software Center regarding Princeton Software Center purchases.
Contact Kivuto regarding OnTheHub Provided Software purchases:
- OnTheHub Provided Software is administered by Kivuto Solutions
- Purchases made through this website are between the purchaser and Kivuto Solutions, and all purchases are final.
- If you require technical support for purchasing or downloading applications and programs, contact Kivuto directly at 1-888-396-1447.
- Kivuto provides only get one product key per purchase. Kivuto does not save a record of your download or product key!
- Kivuto is unable to retrieve product downloads or product keys.