SecureSend: Receiving Files as an Unregistered External User
In this article:
How do you receive files as an unregistered external user?
Receiving Files as an Unregistered External User
- When someone has sent you a file using Princeton University’s SecureSend service, you will receive an email indicating that the file is available. Click the “Access files” link in the email.
- You will be taken to a screen that asks you to sign-in with your email address. Once you’ve entered your email address, you will be prompted to create and verify a password for your SecureSend account.
- Enter the password you select (a minimum of 15 characters, with at least one uppercase and one lowercase character, and one special character), verify it and click the “Create Account” button.
- With your account created, you will need to verify the account to activate it. Locate the email sent to you by email@example.com stating, “Activate your kiteworks account.”
- Click the “Activate” link in the email.
- You will then be presented with the secure message initially sent to you and a listing of the files you can download. Click the appropriate file link to download each file.
Note: The file is only available for 7 days.
How to send files securely