Google: Easily Move Princeton Gmail and Google Files with VaultMe
What is VaultMe?
VaultMe is a recommended, optional third-party tool that can be used to copy your Princeton student Google account content (email, contacts, calendar and files) to an account of your choice (alumni account, personal account etc.). Features offered are:
- real-time migration status.
- can migrate all the files “Shared with Me” that others own (like group projects students worked on but don’t “own”).
- provides a detailed migration report showing every item migrated and exactly where it’s located.
- use advanced technology to migrate at the fastest rate allowable by Google.
For graduating students Princeton University will subsidize one VaultMe migration for up to $25.00. This offer is ONLY available for recently graduated Undergraduate and Graduate Students who were using Princeton Google for email delivery. Students who elected to remain on Microsoft365 Outlook/Exchange for email delivery are not eligible.
Who is eligible?
- Anyone can use VaultMe, but Princeton only subsidizes graduating students.
- To use VaultMe, you must agree to the Terms of Service and provide VaultMe with a payment method.
- Charges are based on the number of items and total GBs.
- VaultMe will provide the user with an estimate before they agree to the migration.
- For graduating students, any charges above $25.00 or any additional migrations are payable by the student.
- 10,000 items and 10GB – Charge would be $14.39. Princeton would cover this cost.
- 40,000 items and 35GB – Charge would be $25.39. Princeton would cover first $25.00, student would have to pay $0.39.
- 250,000 items and 400GB – Charge would be $140.39. Princeton would cover first $25.00, student would have to pay $115.39
VaultMe Migration Steps
VaultMe provides an easy to use self-guided migration process that will take you through the following steps:
- Navigate to VaultMe (external site): VaultMe (external link)
- Describe Your Goal: What two types of accounts do you want to migrate between?
- Copy or Migrate From: Provide your Princeton email address (email@example.com) and password.
- Copy or Migrate To: Provide your target account email address and password.
- VaultMe will evaluate your target location and provide a Migration Detail screen which summarizes the estimate time, items, GB and total price.
- Confirm your Princeton subsidy has been applied: Click the Question mark button next to VaultMe.
- Resolve any issues: If you do not have enough space in the target location, VaultMe will guide you through a process to create/ buy space.
- Proceed to Checkout: Students, if your total price is under $25.00, you will not be charged. If greater than $25.00 students will be asked to provide a payment method for the amount over $25.00.