MATLAB by MathWorks Windows Installation
Installation requires a MathWorks account (see KB0011341).
Administrator privileges are required to install MATLAB. If prompted, enter the credentials that have elevated privileges.
- Browse to your downloads location and double click matlab_R20XX_win64.exe, then click Yes when prompted (20XX signifies the year and version a or b)
- In the MathWorks Installer window, ensure Log in with a MathWorks Account is selected and click Next
- Select Yes to accept the license agreement and click Next
- Log in to your MathWorks Account and click Next
- Ensure Install is selected and click Next
- Ensure License 296492 is selected and click Next
- Click Next to accept the default installation folder
- Click Next to accept the default products to install
- Enable Desktop checkbox and Disable Help Improve MATLAB checkbox then click Next
- Click Install
- Click Next
- Ensure Activate MATLAB checkbox is enabled then click Next
- Click Next to Activate MathWorks Software (see note below)
- Click Confirm
- Click Finish
Note: If running MATLAB from a non-administrative (standard) account after installing, when prompted for the Windows User Name during the activation process, you will need to change the name to the user name of the current standard account you are logged in with in order to complete activation.