iPad Activation with AT&T Service
To Complete iPad Activation with AT&T Service
To activate the device, please follow the steps below:
- Power on the device.
- Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer. The latest version can be found at: www.itunes.com/download
- Launch iTunes, and then connect your iPad to your computer via the supplied USB cable. If prompted, install any available software updates. Note: Activation does not require the creation of an iTunes account.
- The device is now activated and ready to use.
What You Should Know Regarding Your iPad
To ensure the best experience with your new iPad, note the following items:
- Cellular voice, SMS and MMS services are not available on iPad.
- If you plan to use your iPad internationally, please add a Data Global Plan to your line of service.
- Use of iPad on AT&T’s network requires an eligible iPad data plan from AT&T. Accessing corporate email, company intranet sites, and/or other business applications on AT&T’s network requires an iPad business data plan from AT&T.
If you already have an iPad and are migrating to a company-paid data plan, simply place the new SIM into your iPad. Instructions for removing and replacing a SIM are available in the iPad User Guide.
Please Make Note of the Following for Your Records
SIM Card Number: The 20-digit SIM number (ICCID) is printed on the box and on the SIM card.
IMEI Number: The IMEI number can be found on the product box. It is also etched on the SIM tray.
CTN Number: This is the customer telephone number associated with your AT&T line of data service. It is printed on the box and on the packaging slip.
For iPad technical support, visit www.apple.com/support/ipad or contact AppleCare at 800-275-2273.
For inquiries concerning network coverage or billing, please contact AT&T at 800-331-0500.