OpenScholar: Adding a Twitter feed to a site
You can easily add your Twitter account to your OpenScholar site through the Twitter widget. You can also collect posts with a certain hashtag or word.
To add a Twitter widget to a site:
- Go to Admin Bar > Appearance > Layout
- Click on the Add New Widget tab and choose Twitter (under Social).
- Give the widget a description ("My Twitter Feed"). You can also give it a title so people visiting your site can see it.
- In the Display Tweets From dropdown, choose what type of tweets to display. If it's a personal account, type the username including the @ sign. For hashtags, type in the full hashtag including the # sign.
- Choose the number of tweets displayed (5 is the default). You can also include a follow me link (for which you would type http://twitter.com/username)
- Click the Save button.
- Drag and drop the widget to the sidebar on your site layout.
- Click Save to save the Layout.
*If a Twitter account hasn't tweeted anything in awhile, the owner of the account might have to post a tweet to get the widget to display the tweets.