Final Transcript: Submission Guidelines and Instructions

Action Required for Transcript Upload

If you have accepted an offer of admission to a Princeton graduate program, you must submit a final, official transcript from each institution where you earned a degree by August 20 (July 1 for the The Princeton School of Public and International Affairs).

Please do not order your final transcript until your degree has been conferred.

If you have previously earned a degree from Princeton, you will need to contact the Registrar to have your transcript sent to Graduate Admission.

Original or certified documents are required and will be held on file until the program is completed, at which time you may request to pick them up. If your institution only issues you one document, you should consider the Educational Perspectives Credential Verification Service.

Enrollment may be terminated if a student fails to provide an official transcript of degree, study, or other academic work that was presented as a part of the admission application.

Transcript Requirements

Submitting Your Transcript

Depending on your preference or situation, you may choose to submit your final transcript via one of the three options below.

1. Certified Electronic Transcripts

Have your school email a password protected, digitally signed, and properly certified electronic transcript to the Graduate School.

2. Official Paper Final Transcripts

Have your school send your paper transcript directly from the institution to Princeton University. If your institution chooses to issue your transcript directly to you, you must send the transcript in the original, un-opened envelope provided by the institution. All paper transcripts must be sent to the following address:

Princeton University
Graduate Admission
ATTN: Final Transcript
One Clio Hall
Princeton, NJ 08544

3. Certified Electronic Final Transcripts (International)

You can have your International academic credentials reviewed, certified, and delivered through Educational Perspectives.

Transcripts from Institutions in People’s Republic of China

Transcripts and degree certificates are required. Transcripts must be verified by the China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHESICC); degree certificates must be verified by the China Academic Degree and Graduate information Center (CDGDC). All verification reports and any academic records should be issued in the English language.

Apply for CHESICC verification: (link is external)

Apply for CDGDC verification: (link is external)