Assigning Delegates and Travel Arrangers
Concur – How to assign users to perform tasks on your behalf
Assign your default expense approver
If you’re not sure who to select as your expense approver, check with the staff in your department.
- From the Profile tab, click “Expense Approvers”.
- Begin typing the individual’s name, then select their record from the dropdown list, and click “Save”.
Assign an expense approval delegate to your profile
You may choose to allow another user to access your approval queue in Concur. This ensures that someone can perform approvals on your behalf in the event that you are away from the office or unable to access Concur for any reason.
- From your Profile Settings page, click “Expense Delegates” in the left hand menu.
- Enter the name of the user you would like to act as your approval delegate.
- Check the "Can Approve" box to allow this individual to approve reports on your behalf indefinitely.
- To allow this individual to approve reports on your behalf for a specific period of time, check off "Can Approve Temporary" and enter a date range.
- Check "Receives Approval Emails" if you would like this user to receive email notifications when a report is submitted to you for approval.
Note: Your approval delegate will need to click on the Profile button in the top right corner of the Concur homepage and then select your name from a dropdown menu in order to access your approval queue. Reports will not route directly to your delegate; they will continue to be sent into your worklist, which your delegate can access in your absence.
Assign a travel arranger to your profile
Travel arrangers have access to view or update the information in the traveler’s profile and can book travel on the user’s behalf.
- From the Profile tab, click “Personal Information” and scroll down to Assistants and Travel Arrangers, OR
- From the Profile tab, click “Setup Travel Assistants”.
- Click “+Add an Assistant” to assign a Travel Arranger to your profile.
- Begin typing the individual’s name in the text field, then select their record from the dropdown list.
- Check off “Can book travel for me” and, if applicable, “Is my primary assistant for travel”. Click “Save”.
To learn more about Princeton’s Travel policies and procedures, please visit the Travel website. For more information regarding credit card mobile alerts and related applications, please reference the knowledge article, Travel Alerts and Mobile Apps.