Graduate School Application File Upload Requirements
Materials and Upload Requirements
During the application process, you will be required to upload statement of academic purpose, resume/curriculum vitae, transcripts, fall semester grades (if applicable), and additional required files as specified by the individual departmental requirements. When preparing application materials to be uploaded, please note the following:
- Files must not exceed 10 MB. Uploaded documents may contain no more than 75 pages. We support the following file formats:
- Document: .doc, .docx, .odg, .odp, .odt, .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .rtf, .wpd
- We support media files as large as 5GB, but please be advised that larger files will take longer to upload from your Internet connection and may stall if you are on a wireless connection or one that cannot sustain a connection for the necessary period of time. We support the following file formats:
- Video: .3g2, .3gp, .avi, .m2v, .m4v, .mkv, .mov, .mpeg, .mpg, .mp4, .mxf, .webm, .wmv
- Audio: .aac, .m4a, .mka, .mp3, .oga, .ogg, .wav
- Slide: .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .tif, .tiff
- Files cannot be password protected.
- PDF files cannot have a digital signature.
- Files should not be poster size.
- Each file should be saved separately.
Recommendations for Hard Copy Materials
When scanning hard copy materials to upload into an application, please note:
- The resolution should be no more than 300 dpi.
- Black and white is recommended.
- Removing images will help reduce the file size.