The Configuration Assistant Tool (CAT) helps you connect securely to the Eduroam wireless service. The tool provides a guided process to identify your device and operating system, then establish a secure wireless connection.
It is the recommended method for use on many devices including:
This information is provided if you experience difficulty using the CAT Tool. Please note that the following steps or order might be different depending on your version of Android OS.
1. On your Android device, go to Settings, then tap Wireless & networks, then Wi-Fi settings.
2. Tap eduroam.
3. Make sure that for EAP method, PEAP is selected.
4. Tap Phase 2 authentication, and then select MSCHAPV2.
5. For CA certificate, select "Use System Certificate."
6. Username/Identity: Your NetID@princeton.edu
7. Password: Your NetID password.
8. Some devices may have an "Anonymous indetity" field. Leave this blank.
9. If asked for a Domain, enter princeton.edu (not all Android devices require a domain).
10. Tap Connect.
11. If asked to accept the cppm-04.princeton.edu certificate click yes.
If you are a Princeton University member and require assistance, please contact the OIT Support and Operations Center (SOC) using any of the options listed under “Information Technology” on the Contact Us page.