Run MATLAB from Nobel Cluster for Linux/Unix Computers
- You must be connected to the Princeton VPN to login to nobel if you are off-campus.
- Depending on your location, the interface may take several minutes to launch.
- By default all work gets saved to your H drive.
- Confirm your Unix account is enabled. See KB Solution Secure Shell (SSH): Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Launch Terminal
- Run the following commands in Terminal to connect to the Research Computing Nobel Cluster.
- Type ssh -Y firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type yes when prompted to save an RSA key. (this is the secure encryption key for the communication between your computer and the Princeton server).
- Type your Princeton password when prompted
- If your account is not enabled for Duo skip to step 7
- Type the number corresponding to the Duo authentication you want to use then press Enter
- Complete the Duo two-factor authentication
- Run MATLAB by typing matlab
- Specific versions can be launched by typing the name as displayed, i.e. matlab-R2017a
- To quit MATLAB type exit at the MATLAB command prompt.
- To close connection to Nobel type exit at the Terminal command prompt.