Tiger Speed: Testing your Internet connection
What is Tiger Speed?
The Tiger Speed website will measure your Internet connection to Princeton. If your connection is slower than ideal for remote Princeton coursework (such as streaming video, using Zoom), the Office of Information Technology (OIT) may be able to help.
Using Tiger Speed
- A Princeton netID and password are required to use Tiger Speed
- Click 'Start Test" and watch the results
- The test can take anywhere from 30 seconds or more
- It is highly recommended that you run the test more than once
- The results of Fast, Adequate, or Slow will display when the test is done
Please read this before contacting OIT: Suggestions for improving your home WiFi network
If you need additional help
- if the result of your test is 'Slow'
- if you are having a problem using Tiger Speed or notice an error or bug