Run MATLAB from Nobel Cluster for Windows Computers
- You must be connected to the Princeton VPN to login to nobel if you are off-campus.
- Depending on your location, the interface may take several minutes to launch.
- By default all work gets saved to your H drive.
- Confirm your Unix account is enabled. See KB Solution Secure Shell (SSH): Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Download the Installer edition of Mobaxterm Home Edition
- Install with default options
- Launch Mobaxterm
- When prompted by Windows Security Alert, select all network types then click Allow access
- Click Session
- Click SSH
- In the Remote host* text field type nobel.princeton.edu
- Select Specify usename and type your Princeton netid in the username text field, then click OK
- Type your Princeton password at the prompt
- If your account is not enabled for Duo skip to step 11
- Type the number corresponding to the Duo authentication you want to use then press Enter
- Complete the Duo two-factor authentication
- Select No when asked to save your password to nobel
- Run MATLAB by typing matlab
- Specific versions can be launched by typing the name as displayed, i.e. matlab-R2016a
- To quit MATLAB type exit at the MATLAB command prompt.
- To close connection to Nobel type exit at the Mobaxterm command prompt.
- To exit Mobaxterm app click the X.